It's exciting to think that at some time in the not too distant future you could be one of our senior leaders. First things first though, we need to give you the skills you need to get there. As well as following our Partnership core development programme, you will follow a series of job rotations and leadership scheme specific training.
Year one will be spent in branches familiarising yourself with our retail operations:
- Following induction you'll be assigned to one of our branches for four months to complete stage one where you'll gain an overview of the various systems, procedures and roles at store level. Here you'll complete your duty manager training and orient yourself with the wider business.
- In stage two you'll move branches and become an acting Section Manager where you'll take on real responsibility for an operation and a team.
- You'll then move branches again and progress on to stage three when you'll be an acting Department Manager with accountability for the performance of multiple sections, profit and loss and managing the branch in the branch manager's absence.
In your second and third years, you'll embark on a number of job rotations – so you really get a feel for the business:
- You could spend time in marketing, retail support, supply chain, in a branch or in partnership services (our shared services division). You'll get to do everything from leading a team, to project management and controlling a budget – so that when your time eventually comes to take your first Head of Department position, you'll be ready.
- Throughout the scheme we'll also give you the opportunity to appreciate the 'bigger picture'. This will be facilitated through a variety of learning and development opportunities, as well as exposure to senior business leaders. These opportunities will help you understand what is going on in the external market and look at trends that will inform our future strategy. Of course as time progresses, this is something you'll do as a matter of course.